De-Digivolve ■ Retaliation ■ Digi-Burst ■ Rush ■ Blitz ■ Delay ■ Decoy ■ Armor Purge ■ Save ■ Material Save ■ Evade
How it Works
An attacking Digimon withperforms a security check on the opponent's security after defeating an opponent's Digimon and all other effects have resolved. It must be on the field to perform the security checks. The Digimon must be the Digimon currently performing an attack in order to use .
When Does Piercing trigger and activate?
triggers when "it (the Digimon with ) deletes an opponent's Digimon in battle and survives" which is when other "deleted by/in battle" would normally trigger. You then activate the as normal. However, activating does not perform the security checks. The Security Checks are instead performed after all other effects have resolved. Since Digimon have to be in the battle area to perform security checks if the Digimon leaves the battle area between the time it activates and the time the Security Checks would happen, the security checks can no longer happen.
- [BT5-086 Omnimon] attacks [BT2-074 Devimon] while it has from [BT3-016 Durandamon], [BT2-074 Devimon] is deleted in battle.
- Both BT2-074 Devimon]'s effect trigger. Resolve both effects before performing security checks. and [
- Omnimon can now perform Security Checks because successfully activated, and is still on the field even if it lost the effect.
- [ST4-13 HerculesKabuterimon] attacks [BT5-112 Omnimon Zwart Defeat] while it has [ST4-11 MegaKabuterimon] in its digivolution cards. [BT2-074 Devimon] is deleted in battle.
- ST4-11 MegaKabuterimon]'s , and [BT5-112 Omnimon Zwart Defeat]'s trigger at the same time. Resolve all effects.
- Turn Player can choose to activate ST4-11 MegaKabuterimon]'s first. Turn Player chooses , Security Checks wait until all effects have resolved. or [
- Turn player activates [ST4-11 MegaKabuterimon]'s and trashes the top card of the opponent's security.
- [BT5-112 Omnimon Zwart Defeat]'s deletes [ST4-13 HerculesKabuterimon].
- Security Checks that were allowed by ST4-13 HerculesKabuterimon] is no longer in the battle area the security checks can no longer be performed. would happen at this time. However, since [
- Q: My Digimon with deletes an opponent's Digimon in battle, leading to a security check. If a Digimon card is revealed from the security stack, does a battle occur?A: Yes, you battle Security Digimon the same way you would if you attacked the security stack normally.
- Q: When battling Security Digimon with , do any effects received from the preceding battles persist?A: It depends on the effect. Effects that read "If you attack one of your opponent's Digimon..." don't persist, as Security Digimon aren't considered normal Digimon.
- Q: My Digimon with deletes an opponent's Security Digimon in battle. Does allow me to make further security checks?A: No, battles with Security Digimon don't activate .
- Q: If I attack and delete an opponent's Digimon using a Digimon with , and my opponent's security stack is empty, do I win the game?A: No, only performs security checks. If your opponent's security stack is empty, nothing happens.
- A: No, causes both Digimon to be deleted, so while even though was activated and resolved. Digimon that are not on the field cannot perform the security checks "as normal". (See more in Attack Resolution)
- Q: If I lose after it deleted an opponent's Digimon in battle, does it still fulfill the condition for ?A: Yes, fulfilled its conditions. As long as the Digimon remains on the field to perform the security checks it can perform them.
- Q: If I have an effect that says "when this Digimon would be deleted... X to prevent the deletion" and X causes the Digimon to gain , would trigger?A: Yes, "when would be deleted" happens before the would trigger.
- Q: If I have an effect that says "when this Digimon would be deleted... X to prevent the deletion" and X causes the Digimon to lose , would trigger?A: No, "when would be deleted" happens before the would trigger and activate.
- Official Q&A General Rules（05/21/21)
- Carddass Email Japanese: Piercing Retaliation
- Carddass Email English 12/03/2021: BT5 Omnimon and Piercing
- Carddass Email English 15/07/2021: Old Rules Re-confirmation Part 1: Rules Processing and <Piercing>
- Carddass Email English 15/12/2021: <Piercing> gained after <Armor Purge>
- Carddass Email English 23/12/2021: <Piercine> and EX2-Machinedramon